Good food is very often, even most often, simple food .”
– Anthony Bourdain
This recipe is very simple and so tasty! It`s perfect for building other, more exciting recipes, or to enjoy it as it is. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans, this risotto is something the whole family would enjoy.
Simple Spinach Risotto
Simple spinach risotto, suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- 1 cup Risotto rice (I use Arborio)
- 250 g Spinach
- 1 Onion
- 1 Large carrot
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Black pepper
- 20 ml Olive oil
- Wash the spinach and chop it into small pieces.
- Chop the carrot and onion together, using a small chopper or another food processor. (You can always do it by hand, it only takes a longer time.)
- In a small pot, braise the onion and carrot mix in the olive oil and 50 ml of water, for approximately 3 minutes (or until the vegetables get soft).
- Add the spinach, paprika, salt, black pepper, and another 100 ml of water.
- Braise the spinach for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the rice with two cups of water and stir. (use the same measuring cup for the rice and the water).
- Cook until the rice absorbs 85 to 90% of the water, then remove from the heat and place the lid on.
- Leave it to rest for about 5 to 10 minutes. During that time, the risotto will absorb all of the remaining water without getting overcooked and mushy
Some tips from us:
– We always use Arborio rice, when cook risotto. It has a creamy finish, without any need of butter.
– Our perfect measure for Arborio rice is 1:3. That means for one cup of rice, add three cups of water. Always use the same measuring cup for both, rice and water! (In this recipe we`ve added just 2 cups of water with the rice because we`ve already added 150 ml with the vegetables, that still remained in the pot.)
Your opinion matters, so we would love to hear from you in the comments below.
We hope you enjoyed!
Very best wishes,