The weather`s getting colder and colder. Jack Frost is sneaking around the corner, waiting for the fall to leave. The smell of roasted chestnuts and clementines is all around us. It`s this time of the year when we find inspiration in every little thing and, however, need vitamins the most!
We love roasted chestnuts and often experiment with them. Today, we are going to make a real vitamin bomb with seasoned chestnuts, grapefruit, and special citrus dressing. It`s so light but so high in nutrition! We hope you`ll love it too! ♥
First, we are going to prepare the dressing. As we said, it`s very light and fresh and will enrich our salad with even more vitamins.
Citrus dressing “Tasty Game”
– 1 tsp Lemon zest
– 25 ml Freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice
– 25 ml Extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 1 tbsp Pure honey (or 1 tsp of brown sugar, if you want the salad vegan)
– 1 tsp Salt
– 1 tsp Parsley
Mix well all the ingredients and let them infuse while you are preparing the salad.
It`s time to prepare the chestnuts. Let them soak in water for 30 minutes, then using a sharp knife, make a small cross cut on each chestnut. Roast them for 30 minutes at 200°C, then peel and slice them. Season with a bit of extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, or other spice of your choice.
Prepared this way, the chestnuts are perfect nibbles for a beer or a glass of wine.
And finally, it`s time to toss the salad. To be honest, this is the easiest step. 🙂
Vitamin salad with roasted chestnut, grapefruit, and citrus dressing
Vitamin salad with roasted chestnut, grapefruit, and citrus dressing.
- 200 g Seasoned roasted chestnuts
- 1 Lettuce
- 2 Handfuls of wild rocket
- 1/2 Grapefruit (fillets only)
- 150 g Shredded beetroot
- 1 Avocado
1. Wash and dry the lettuce, then break it into large pieces.
2. Dice the avocado into small cubes.
3. In a large salad bowl, toss together the lettuce, rocket, beetroot, avocado, grapefruit, and the seasoned chestnuts.
4. Pour over the citrus dressing and mix well.
The Tasty Game Team