Halloween is around the corner and we are getting more and more into “pumpkin mood”. And here we came with the idea of this healthy and dangerously delicious apple & pumpkin treat. It`s entirely healthy! Gluten and sugar-free, rich in fibres, vitamins, and minerals. And the smell, ahh… the smell across the house, while we were making it, was simply addictive! We hope you`ll like it too! ♥
Sugar-Free Spiced Apple & Pumpkin Bowls
Sugar-free apple and pumpkin dessert lightly spiced with aromatic Oriental spices.
- 200 g Rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 500 g Apples
- 500 g Pumpkin
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Nutmeg
- 1 l Water
- Maple syrup (or pure honey)
- Ground walnuts and fresh mint tops (optional)
1. Ground the oats, then add 2 tbsp maple syrup and the melted coconut oil. Keep blending until homogeneous.
2. Spread the mixture across the serving bowls. Apply a thin layer, then press it nicely. Leave in the fridge, while you are preparing the filling.
3. Peel the pumpkin and the apples, remove the seeds and chop them into tiny cubes.
4. Bring the water to the boil and add the chopped apples and pumpkin to it.
5. Add the cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and the cloves, and simmer until the fruits soften. (about 15-20 minutes)
6. Remove from the heat, strain, and take off the spices.
7. Add the ground cinnamon and 50 ml of maple syrup.
The amount of maple syrup may vary depending on personal preferences. For us, 50 ml was more than enough.
8. Blend the mixture until homogeneous, then let it cool for 10 minutes.
9. Take the bowls out of the fridge, then top them up with the apple & pumpkin filling.
10. Sprinkle with ground walnuts and decorate with fresh mint tops.