Even though summer is not the season of soups, it`s definitely the quick meals season. As most of you already know, celeriac is one of our favorites. It`s hard to find it summertime, so we always keep a few bags of it in the freezer for a nice summer soup. 🙂
Today we are going to make a quick and easy cream soup of celeriac and parsnip lightly flavored with a pinch of tarragon. We love this soup with Blue Stilton crumbs. It makes the blue cheese taste more intense and balanced. We hope you`ll love it too! <3
Celeriac Cream Soup with Tarragon & Blue Cheese
Lazy cream of celeriac soup with tarragon and blue cheese.
- 1/2 Celeriac
- 2 Parsnips
- 1 Onion
- 1 Vegetable stock
- 100 ml Double cream
- 1/2 tsp Tarragon
- 100 g Blue cheese
Our little secret is to blend the vegetables. That helps the soup get ready much faster than usual. 😉
1. Peel the vegetables and blend them.
2. Dissolve the vegetable stock in 750 ml of boiling water, then add the tarragon to it.
3. Add the blended vegetables in a pot. Pour over the hot vegetable stock. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and finely blend the soup.
5. Add the cream while blending.
6. Serve with blue cheese crumbs.
Do not add the blue cheese in the soup. It will drastically change its taste.
Some tips from us:
– As usual, we add a vegan option. Replace the double cream with plant-based milk or yogurt. The blue cheese replaces with sauteed mushrooms seasoned with a pinch of tarragon.
– Parsnip isn`t summer veg either. You could easily replace it with carrots. It won`t change much the taste, only the color of the soup.
– And finally, if you are a real meat lover, pan roast a couple of chicken breasts while waiting for the soup to get ready. Then serve with blue cheese and pulled chicken. 🙂