We woke up with the thought of something sweet. A minute later, the kitchen was full of eggshells and tons of dirty dishes! 🙂 Well, every pleasure has a price, right? So this is how we made these fluffy gluten-free muffins with lemon and roasted banana. We truly enjoyed them with clotted cream and jam, just like classic scones, and the coffee replaced with Matcha Latte.
Fluffy Lemon & Banana Cornmeal Muffins
Fluffy gluten-free muffins with lemon and roasted banana.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Bananas
- 100 g Granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp Cornmeal flour
- 10 ml Lemon essence
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 50 ml Sunflower oil
- Split the egg whites and yolks.
- Roast the bananas for 15 minutes at 200°С.
- Beat the egg whites into snow.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, lemon essence, baking powder, and the vanilla. In the end, add the oil and the roasted and mashed bananas. Keep mixing until homogeneous.
- Using a silicone spatula, add the egg whites to the mixture. Gently stir until homogeneous. Start adding the cornmeal flour spoon by spoon, while mixing continuously.
Don`t worry if your batter is not snowy any more. The point of whisking the egg whites into snow is to get soft and fluffy sponge muffins.
- Spray a muffin baking tray with sunflower oil, then spread the batter evenly.
- Bake 20 minutes at 200°С.
Some tips from us:
– Let the muffins cool, then take them off the baking tray. This is to avoid them cracking.
– Serve the muffins with clotted cream and jam, same as classic scones.
We hope you liked the recipe and you would give it a try. We would love to hear your thoughts about it!