Our most favorite thing ever is to transform classic recipes into healthy and nutritious meals. Today`s meal is a great source of fibre, protein, and vitamins. It`s very low in fat, so it`s perfect for any weight loss diet. We hope you will like it!
Chestnut Mushroom Rice Bowl With Turkey Meatballs
Mushroom rice bowl with turkey meatballs on a bed of herbed brown rice.
- 250 g Turkey Mince
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Golden breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Granulated garlic
- A pinch of dried dill
- 300 g Chestnut mushrooms
- 5 Spring onions
- 2 Carrots (grated)
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 Branches of thyme
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 2-3 Branches of thyme
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the meatballs:
For the stew:
For the herbed rice:
1. Preparing the meatballs:
- Season the mince by mixing all the ingredients.
- Shape small walnut-sized meatballs.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C. Bake the meatballs for 15-20 minutes.
2. Preparing the rice:
- Boil the rice in salty water. At the halfway, add the thyme, let it simmer for about 5 minutes, then take it out.
- Strain the rice, then add the extra virgin olive oil, and stir well.
The rice cooking time depends on the type of rice and the brand. Always check the instructions on the pack.
3. Preparing the mushroom stew:
- Chop the spring onions and slice the mushrooms.
- Braise the onion in the olive oil for a few minutes, then add the carrots and mushrooms.
- After the mushrooms soften and the liquid is almost fully reduced, add the tomatoes, followed by the sugar and the rest of the spices. Add the thyme in whole branches. Let it stay for 5 minutes, then take it off.
- When the tomatoes are fully cooked, add the meatballs to the stew. Place the lid on and simmer for 10 more minutes.
4. Time to serve:
- Type 1 – Shape a nest in the middle of a large plate. Add 1-2 spoons of the stew in the middle of the nest. Finish with a meatballs skewer.
- Type 2 – Serve the stew in a bowl. Fill one half with rice and the other with the meatballs stew. This one is perfect for a lunch box for example.
- Type 3 – Your own unique way 🙂 – Never forget that you are the master of your kitchen and you could eat even from the pot, if you wish. 🙂
Some tips from us:
– You could try with beef meatballs too.
– For an extra flavor, we recommend serving the stew with a pinch of grated parmesan.
– Some peppers and always a good idea. Add some fresh or roasted peppers to the stew, or why not some chilis?!
Since we are talking about meatballs, you might like out Fiery Meatballs Tagliatelle
We hope you enjoyed and would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very Best Wishes,