The weather is getting warmer and warmer and the salad season is officially on!
We have a special salad for you today. It could be made and served differently depending on your taste and the occasion. Check the tips below ⇓⇓⇓ where you will also find the vegan option of the salad. We hope you`ll love it as we do!♥
Mexican Style Tuna Salad With Tabasco
Spicy two-bean tuna salad with roasted peppers and Tabasco.
- 1 can Butter beans
- 1 can Red kidney beans
- 1 can Sweetcorn
- 4 Roasted peppers
- 2 cans Tuna fillets (in spring water)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Diced fresh dill
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (optional)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon
- Wash the beans in cold water.
- Chop the roasted peppers.
- Drain the tuna fillets.
- In a large bowl, add the beans, followed by the sweetcorn, roasted peppers, salt, chopped dill, and Tabasco sauce. Stir well to mix all the ingredients.
- Add the tuna and gently stir again. Do not stir too much to avoid the tuna getting too flaky.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the salad.
- Serve with a couple of avocado slices and a dash of Tabasco sauce.
Some tips from us:
– If you prefer, you could add the avocado chopped in the salad.
– Sometimes we prefer to mix the beans salad separately and add a half can of tuna fillet to each portion. Choose this version if you don`t like tuna too flaky.
– We try to please everyone (when possible), so we never forget about vegans. The salad itself, without the tuna, is 100% vegan. In this case, we suggest putting the avocado in the salad and add some extra Tabasco sauce. Make sure you use the regular red pepper Tabasco! Tabasco Bloody Mary mix is NOT vegan!
– You could make lovely Avocado Party Pods with this salad and impress your party guests with creativity. Carefully carve a few avocados, then use the pods for serving.
Maybe you would like our other Avocado Party Pods idea. Click on the photo to get the recipe:
We hope you enjoyed the recipe. Would love to hear from you in the comments.