The weekend is almost here. As usual, we are looking forward to cooking something special. This weekend will be even more special than others. The long waiting is over and the final of Game of Thrones is coming this Sunday! We can`t wait to see who is going to sit on the iron throne, how about you?!
So as you could already guess, today`s special we dedicate to our favorite TV show and we promise, it is as much mind-blowing as it! Tiny chicken thigh pieces with smoky bacon, baby mushrooms, and roasted peppers, lightly seasoned with spring herbs. We served on a canape of mash potato with a side of a wild rocket for a complete tasty experience. We hope you`ll love it too!
Aromatic Chicken Pieces with Bacon & Herbs
Aromatic chicken pieces with bacon, mushrooms, and roasted peppers laid on creamy mash potato.
- 4 Chicken thigh fillets
- 10 Smoked bacon rashers (without the fat part)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 200 g Baby Mushrooms (or sliced regular)
- 5-6 Roasted peppers
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce – In this recipe we`ve used Maggi Liquid Seasoning, it gives an amazing finish to the meats.
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 4 Potatoes
- 100 ml Full-fat milk (or cream)
- 10 g Butter
- Wild rocket leaves
For the mashed potato:
- Finely chop the onions.
- Dice the chicken and the bacon into small pieces.
- Slice the roasted peppers into strips.
- Braise the onions in the olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the sliced chicken and bacon, followed by the spices, and the soy sauce.
- Stir fry until the meat gets a golden crust, then add the baby mushrooms.
- Stir fry until the liquid is entirely reduced, then add the sliced roasted peppers.
- Cook together with the peppers for not more than 5 minutes (otherwise, the peppers will get mushy).
- Prepare the mashed potato
- Peal and soft boil the potatoes.
- Blend them together with the milk/cream and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper