If chocolate is an addiction, then I`m an addict!
After we made the fluffy Easter loaves, we started to look around for a topping. Hmmm, let`s say the truth – we LOVE Reese`s spread. So smooth and addictive blend of chocolate and peanuts… BUT… it`s really full of sugar, preservatives, palm oil, etc. etc… This is how the idea came. Let`s make our own, healthy and damn delicious chocolate peanut butter spread!
Thank God that those two blocks of Lindt Excellence were still remaining in the kitchen cupboard. It took exactly 10 minutes to prepare this tempting spread and another 10 to eat it all. 😀 As we said – addictive!
It`s not a secret that palm oil is really harmful to our body. But we are not going to talk about this now. For more information about how palm oil affects our body and environment read this:
But now let`s get started with the recipe!
Homemade Chocolate & Peanut Butter Spread
Amazing dark chocolate & peanut butter spread without palm oil.
- 200 g Dark chocolate – Make sure you use high-quality chocolate, high in cocoa and without palm oil itself. Highly recommend Lindt Excellence Edition.
- 50 g Pure peanut butter – You could use smooth or crunchy peanut butter from the shop, or make your own at home. The only condition is to use one made entirely out of peanuts. So pay attention to what you`re buying.
- 100 ml Full fat milk
- 50 ml Honey
- Melt the chocolate with the milk over a water bath.
- Add the peanut butter to the melted chocolate and mix until homogeneous.
- Finally, add the honey and stir again.
- Pour the chocolate & peanut butter spread in a jar and let it cool.
- Enjoy on a toast, with pancakes, or simply as it is.
We hope you enjoyed the recipe! To eat healthily is not that hard, it only requires one first step!