Who is in for Avocado on mushroom?!
Today`s meal is more than tempting! It`s perfect for breakfast and will provide you with loads of essential nutrients to start the day with.
We all know the classic combo Avocado on toast. Today, however, we are going to break the classic and make something different. We replaced the toast with large Portabello mushrooms, lightly roasted with avocado, egg, and thyme. The final result – dangerously delicious! We hope you`ll like them!
Avocado on Mushroom with Egg & Thyme
Oven-roasted Portabello mushrooms with avocado, egg, and thyme.
- 4 Portabello mushrooms
- 10 g Butter
- 1/2 Avocado
- 50 g Grated cheese
- 4 Eggs
- Thyme (dry or fresh)
1. Wash and dry the mushrooms.
2. Cut the avocado into small cubes.
3. Divide the butter into 4 equal parts.
4. In each mushroom place a bit of butter and 1/4 part of the avocado cubes.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
6. Roast for 15 minutes at 200°C.
7. Take the mushrooms out of the oven, crack one egg in each mushroom, and roast for 10 more minutes. After the eggs start shaping, cover with grated cheese, and keep roasting.
Some tips from us:
– If you like the eggs well done, add an extra 5 minutes in the second stage. Same as the cheese. If you like it crusty, rather then melting, add extra time. It`s all about personal taste.
We hope you enjoyed! We would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very Best Wishes,