Arancini are small risotto balls with a crispy breadcrumbs crust, usually deep-fried. Thеy could be vegetarian or meaty.
Today we are going to make oven-baked arancini with ground beef. Way healthier, the same amazing taste! We hope you`ll enjoy!
Oven-baked Meatballs Arancini
Oven-baked risotto balls.
- 400 g Ground beef
- 1/2 cup Risotto rice
- 1½ cup Water
- 100 g Golden breadcrumbs
- 3 Eggs (divided)
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Dry parsley
- 2 tsp Salt (divided)
- 1 tsp Pepper
- In a small pot, bring to the boil the water. Add 1 tsp salt, the risotto rice, and the bay leaf. Boil the rice until absorb all the remaining water, then let it cool down.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, 2 eggs, and the onion (finely chopped). Season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Add some olive oil, then mix until homogeneous.
- Add the rice (chilled) to the mince, then mix again.
- Shape small walnut-sized meatballs.
- Each ball dip in egg white, then roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat 2 times.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200°C.
- Serve with a sauce of your choice. You could also try our Green Olive Salsa Dip shown in the video recipe below. 🙂
Some tips from us:
– For a nicer cheesy finish, you could add 1 tbsp grated Parmesan in the breadcrumbs.
We hope you enjoyed. Would love to hear your opinion in the comments.