Spring is coming and brings with it a wide range of vegetables. Today we are going to make an amazing eggplant starter with a light stuffing of chicken, quinoa, and avocado. By simply removing the chicken from the recipe, you could make a healthy vegan meal. We hope you`ll enjoy!
Roasted Egg Plant with Chicken & Quinoa
Oven roasted eggplants with a light stuffing of chicken and quinoa.
- 2 Eggplants
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Chicken breast
- 150 g Sweetcorn
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Prepare the eggplants:
- Cut the eggplants in halves, then do cross cuts in the core of each half.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Roast them for 30 minutes at 220°C.
- After you take the eggplants out of the oven, cover them for 10 minutes to soften, then carve the cores out.
- Chop the remaining cores into medium chunks.
- Wash and drain the quinoa in cold water to reduce the bitterness.
- Bring to the boil one cup of water, then reduce to the simmer.
- Add the quinoa and a pinch of salt, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cover up with the lid until the water is fully absorbed by the grains. (approximately 5 minutes)
Some tips from us:
– Optionally, garnish with sour cream.
– You could add some grated cheese and bake the eggplants for 10 minutes at 250°C.
– For the vegan option, remove the chicken, or replace it with sun-dried tomatoes chunks.
We hope you enjoyed! Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,