Ginger is one of the healthiest spices in the world, due to its unique healing benefits. There are quite a few researches that prove the healing power of ginger. The -Gingerol found in ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. It helps to treat nausea, muscle pain, and soreness. It also helps to reduce cholesterol levels.
Another benefit of ginger is that it actually helps in weight loss. It lowers the appetite and fastens the metabolism which helps our bodies processing food faster and more efficient.
The recipe today is simple and quick, but very healthy. Just a glass of this delicious ginger drink in the morning will boost our body with priceless benefits! I hope you`ll enjoy!
Homemade Ginger Syrup
Homemade ginger syrup.
- 100 g Fresh ginger
- 500 ml Water
- 300 g Brown sugar – The usage of sugar is optional. You could prepare the syrup completely sugar-free, then if you`d like to sweeten your drink, you could add some honey or Stevia.
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Wash and grind the ginger roots. Do not peel them.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to the boil.
- Add the sugar, and the ground ginger and stir well.
- Squeeze a wedge of lemon and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the heat, place the lid on, and leave for another 20 minutes.
- Strain the syrup.
- Pour into a glass bottle. Store in the fridge for up to one month. (I totally doubt that it will last for so long. It`s just too tasty!)
You could use the homemade ginger syrup for making soft drinks and cocktails, or in baking, added to your favorite cakes or pastries.
Now we are going to show you one simple and very healthy Homemade Ginger Lemonade that will definitely become one of your favorite drinks!
Homemade Ginger Lemonade
Homemade ginger lemonade.
- 75 ml Homemade Ginger Syrup
- 1/2 Lemon (juice only)
- 250 ml of Sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the Ginger syrup and the lemon juice over the ice.
- Top up with sparkling water and stir well.
Some tips from me:
– Optionally, you could use still water instead.
– If your syrup is made without sugar, add 1 tsp of honey in the drink.
I hope you enjoyed.
Very best wishes,