Today we are going to show you a delicious gluten-free recipe for a savory cake made out of green pea pasta, smoky Bechamel sauce, and roasted chicken. We hope you`ll like it!
Green Pea Pasta Ring
Gluten-free chicken & olive pasta ring.
- 250 g Green pea fusilli (You could use regular pasta if you want, or any other kind of gluten-free plant-based pasta, such as chickpea, lentil etc.)
- 250 g Grated cheese (best with Mozzarella or Edam)
- 3 tbsp White flour
- 750 ml Milk
- 100 g Smoked soft cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 200 g Chicken (Breast or thigh, raw or cooked – the choice is yours. This time I`ve used roasted chicken thigh fillets.)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 100 g Tomato puree
- 150 g Pitted black olives
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 50 ml Water
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
For the Bechamel sauce:
For the chicken & olive sauce:
- Boil the pasta in salted water for 3 to 5 minutes. Do not fully cook it!
- Prepare the smoky Bechamel sauce.
- In a small non-stick saucepan, bake the flour until golden brown.
- Add the milk (cold), salt, and pepper and whisk until the sauce thicken.
- Add the smoked cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese fully melts, then remove from the heat.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Braise the onions in the olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken ( diced if raw, pulled or chopped if cooked).
- Add the spices and the sugar, and cook together for another couple of minutes (if the chicken is raw, cook a bit longer).
- In the end, add the tomato paste (reduced in 50 ml of water), chopped tomato, and the olives (whole or sliced). Stir well and cook until the water is fully reduced, and the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Spray a cake ring with olive oil.
- Add a little bit of grated cheese at the bottom of the ring.
- Add a layer of pasta, followed by a layer of smoky Bechamel.
- Add a second layer of pasta but this time top up with the chicken & tomato sauce.
- Repeat until the ring is full. The top layer must be Bechamel.
- Top up with grated cheese.
Some tips from me:
– Optionally, serve with a spoon of sour cream or Greek-style yogurt.
– For a party option, let it cool down completely, then turn it upside down, and cut into thin slices. It makes approximately 20 thin slices.
I hope you enjoyed!
You might also like these:
Very best wishes,