Chicken & Veg Zucchini Boats
Gluten-free zucchini boats filled with chicken and vegetables.
- 3 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 Large chicken breast
- 100 g Tomato puree
- 100 ml Water
- 100 g Grated cheese (best Mozzarella)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Wash the zucchini, then halve them vertically, and carve them, shaping boats.
- Chop the zucchini cores.
- Finely chop the onion, bell pepper, and the carrot (the carrot could be grated).
- Dice the chicken breast into tiny cubes.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil.
- Braise the onion for a minute, then add the chicken, carrot, and bell pepper. Braise them together for about 5 minutes, then add the chopped zucchini cores and 50 ml of the water.
- Reduce to the simmer for another 5 minutes.
- In the end, add the tomato puree and the rest of the water. Simmer for another few minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Place the zucchini boats on a greased baking tray.
- Fill the boats with the chicken & veg mix.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, at 220°C.
Some tips from me:
– These zucchini boats are great with a yogurt sauce. Mix one pot of yogurt with 1tbsp finely chopped dill, and a tiny bit of salt. For best results, use Greek-style yogurt, or even sour cream. Serve the boats with a spoon or two of the sauce.
– Why don`t you try the same recipe with ground beef or pork instead of the chicken? Still tastes amazing. Improvise! 🙂
I hope you enjoyed! I would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,