Apple, cinnamon, coconut, protein, fibre… These are only a few words that describe this amazing leisurely breakfast. And as the most important meal of the day, breakfast shouldn’t be sacrificed.
Chia seeds are tiny little seeds, a great source of protein, minerals, fibres, and antioxidants. They contain all the nutrients our body needs in the morning, to keep us energized, concentrated, and in a positive mood. This delightful vegan treat is also perfect, served as a healthy dessert. It`s gluten, dairy, and nut-free, which make it in balance with all the dietaries. Here is the recipe. I hope you`ll enjoy. <3
Spiced Apple Koko Delight
Vegan coconut-chia pudding layered with honey-glazed spiced apple bits.
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 500 g Coconut yogurt – Since I discovered Koko Dairy Free, I don`t really use any other dairy-free yogurt (and not only yogurt). It`s slightly sweetened, very light in texture, and has an amazing coconut taste, that many of the coconut dairy alternatives DO NOT have.
- 1 Apple(for best results, use Granny Smith or another sour apple)
- 15 ml Pure honey – There are lots of debates in regards to the honey. Is it vegan or not? Well, it`s all about personal beliefs. If you have any concerns though, there are plenty of plant alternatives or maple syrup, why not?!
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Coconut oil spray
- Coconut flakes to garnish
- In the evening before, mix the chia seeds with the yogurt.
- Peel and dice the apple into small cubes.
- Spray a medium pan with coconut oil.
- Add the honey and the cinnamon. Stir well, then add the apple cubes.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not let the apples soften too much. They must be medium cooked and glazed by the honey.
- Prepare the bowls or glasses you are going to use.
- Add a bit of the coconut-chia yogurt at the bottom of each bowl, followed by a layer of apples. Repeat a few more times, until you fill up the bowls.
- Garnish with chia seeds and coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate before consumption.
Some tips from me:
– The quantity depends on the size of glass/bowl you are using.
– Why don`t you try this healthy chia dessert served as party canapes or mini bowls? Follow the same steps, simply use tiny little cups/pots for serving. Looks and tastes amazing!
I hope you enjoyed. Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,
xxx Tasty Game