It`s not winter without spiced pumpkin! Either in soup, cake or pie, we all love it. Today we are going to make Spiced Pumpkin & Brandy Muffins. The smell across the house after them is simply delightful and to be honest they didn`t last for long. 🙂 I hope you`ll enjoy them too! <3
Ultimate Spiced Pumpkin & Brandy Muffins
Winter spiced pumpkin muffins with Courvoisier butter.
- 200 g Pumpkin
- 1 cup Wholemeal Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 200 g Brandy butter (I`ve used Courvoisier)
- 1 cup Brown sugar (I`ve used dark fine Demerara)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 50 g Walnuts
- Grate the pumpkin.
- Chop the walnuts.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and the softened brandy butter.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and the baking powder and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and the chopped walnuts and mix again.
- In the end, add the flour and stir until homogeneous.
- Divide the batter into a muffin baking tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 180°C.
- Decorate as desired.
- Optionally, serve the muffins in paper cases.
Some tips from me:
– You could try these muffin with carrots, apples, or pears in the same proportion.
– You could replace the walnuts as well with nuts of your choice.
– These muffins are perfect with a yogurt frosting. Beat 100 ml of cream, with 400 g Greek-style yogurt, and 50 g icing sugar. Decorate as desired.