Happy “minty” Christmas! <3
We love December! A month full of love, laughter, dreams, and… treats. 🙂 There is always a space for one more sweet treat in December. Today We`re going to show you how to make a lovely Christmas Wreath Cake. No-bake, no hassle, for only 30 minutes of preparation! I hope you`ll like it! <3
No-Bake After Eight Christmas Wreath Cake
Three types of biscuits, After Eight mint thins, and semolina pudding, layered into a beautiful Christmas wreath cake.
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 1 lt Full-fat milk
- 1 cup White sugar
- 10 ml Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Grated orange zest
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Coconut oil spray
- 1 tbsp Green food colorant – If you use gel colorant, the amount could vary depending on the brand. Add a small amount repeatedly until you achieve a smooth light green color.
- 1 box After Eight mint thins (21 pieces)
- 7 Small-sized biscuits
- 6 Medium-sized biscuits
- 5 Large-sized biscuits I would suggest choosing the biscuits according to the cake tray you are planning to use. However, if you prefer, you could use only large-sized biscuits and adjust them to each layer.
- Fresh small fruits – blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, pomegranate etc.
- Unicorn sprinkles
- Mini biscuits
- Fondant figures These are only examples of decorations. You are free to improvise with the decoration and create your unique Christmas Wreath cake. 🙂
1. Prepare the semolina pudding:
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk, followed by the sugar, semolina, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange zest.
- Stir well, then add the food colorant.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to the simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Build the cake:
- Spray a round cake tray with coconut oil.
- Apply a small amount of the semolina pudding at the bottom.
- Cover with After Eight mint thins, followed by the small biscuits.
- Repeat the steps above two more times, applying the medium-sized biscuit in the middle, and the large ones on the top.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Turn the cake upside down on a flat plate.
- Decorate as desired.
Some tips from us:
– For best results, leave the cake to chill in the fridge overnight.
– Serve with whipped cream or mint sorbet or enjoy it as it is. 🙂