Mulled wine is a very popular part of the Christmas celebration in Europe. It is usually made of red wine, mixed with sugar, water, and mulling spices. In some countries, like Germany or the United Kingdom, you also could find a white mulled wine. Today we`re going to show you an ultimate, sugar-free mulled wine recipe. We hope you`ll like it! <3
Ultimate Cherry Mulled Wine
Naturally sweetened cherry mulled wine.
- 750 ml Red wine
- 250 ml Pure prune juice
- 100 ml Cherry brandy
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Whole nutmeg
- 2 Anise flowers
- 5 Cloves
- Dried orange peel
- 1 Orange and cocktail cherries to garnish (optionally)
- In a medium saucepan, add the prune juice, with 100 ml of the wine, and all the spices.
- Bring to the boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, to let the spices infuse the drink.
- Reduce the heat, then add the rest of the wine, and the cherry brandy, stir well and heat it gently. Do not let it boil, that will burn off the alcohol.
- Serve in mugs, or heatproof glasses, garnished with fresh orange and cocktail cherries.