Trick or treat?!
Halloween Eve is coming. Here is a spooky snack idea for your Halloween party. Spicy sour chicken bites with “bloody” pomegranate sauce. Enjoy! <3
Sweet & Sour Cannibal Fondue
- For the chicken bites:
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder (or garlic & herbs spice)
- 1 Lemon (juice only)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil For the “bloody” pomegranate sauce:
- 100 ml Pomegranate syrup (grenadine)
- 50 ml Water
- 50 ml Mulled wine (or red wine)
- 20 ml Pure honey
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- Prepare the chicken:
- Dice the chicken breast into cubes.
- Mix the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Roast the chicken bites for 20 minutes at 200°C. Prepare the sauce:
- Mix the grenadine, water, wine, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut flour, stir until you get a light sauce.
Some tips from us:
– Squeeze half a lime over the chicken bites when serving.
– We love coconut and found really delightful the coconut flour in the sauce. However, if you prefer, you can use corn flour or pure starch instead.
We hope you enjoyed! Stay updated, more festive treats on the way! 🙂 <3
Very best wishes,