Roasted garlic and honey superfood salad for vegans, and full of flavor thin cut steak salad for the meat lovers. Both options are gluten-free, healthy and nutritious. Check the tips below for more details about the vegan option. We hope you`ll enjoy! <3
Roasted Garlic & Honey Steak Salad
Superfood salad topped with roasted garlic and honey steak.
- 4 Thin cut steaks
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 100 ml Pure honey
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Toasted sunflower seeds
- 200 g Boiled chickpeas
- 200 g Sweetcorn
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lettuce (any kind)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt (divided)
- Pepper (divided)
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Sear them at medium heat for 30 seconds each side.
- Roast the garlic for 10 minutes at 250°C.
- In a pan, add the garlic with the sunflower oil, followed by the honey, mustard, rosemary, salt, pepper, chia seeds and the toasted sunflower seeds.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. (don`t let the rosemary in for more than two minutes)
- When the honey get lightly caramelised, add the steaks. Simmer at low heat for another 30 seconds each side.
- Chop the avocado, tomato and pepper.
- In a large bowl add the lettuce, followed by the chickpeas, tomato, avocado, peppers, and sweetcorn.
- Season with salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Serve in a salad plate, topped with sliced roasted garlic and honey steak.
Some tips from us:
– In the recipe, the steaks are cooked medium, however, you can cook them by your preference. If you like them well done, make sure you do 1-2 minutes each side instead of 30 seconds.
– To make the salad vegan, exclude the steaks and make sure you use plan based vegan honey, such as coconut, lavender, etc. Maple syrup is also an alternative. Then follow the same steps to make the roasted garlic and honey sauce, add it to the salad in the end with the seasoning, and stir well. Taste simply amazing!
– You can try this recipe with chicken as well. I would suggest using mini breast fillets instead of whole breasts, to take the most of the honey and garlic flavor.
We hope you enjoyed! Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,