Same as lentils, chickpeas are high in fibres, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. They are also free from gluten, and very low in fat, which makes them used in many diets.
Gluten Free Chickpea Fusilli Lasagne
Chickpea fusilli lasagne, with rich beef & red wine sauce.
- 200 g Beef
- 200 g Tomato puree
- 250 g Chickpea fusilli
- 200 g Emmental (half sliced, half grated)
- 2 Onions
- 20 ml Olive oil
- 150 g Red wine
- 200 g Water
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Bay leaf
- Fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Finely chop the onions.
- Dice the beef into tiny cubes.
- In a large pan, simmer the onion in the olive oil for two minutes.
- Add the beef and sear for another two minutes.
- Pour the wine over the meat, followed by the bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Simmer until the wine is reduced and the meat is nice and tender. If needed, add some extra water.
- Mix the tomato puree with 200 ml of water, and pour it over the meat.
- Add the sugar, stir well, and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the pasta.
- Fill a large saucepan with water.
- Add some salt.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the chickpea fusilli, and cook for 8 minutes. (we don`t need to fully cook the pasta at this point)
- Add a layer of pasta.
- Top up with a sauce layer.
- Place a couple of Emmental slices.
- Repeat one more time.
- Spread the grated Emmental on the top.
Some tips from us:
– You can replace the Emmental with a cheese of your choice.
– Serve with a spoon of Greek-style yogurt or sour cream.
We hope you enjoyed! Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,