What a better way to start your weekend, than a fresh and healthy sweet treat?!
Today we are going to show you an amazing quinoa & chia combo. <3 As we already know, they both have the well-deserved status of “superfood”, thanks to their amazing nutrition.
The muffins we are about to present, are gluten, dairy and sugar-free. They are high in protein, fibres, minerals, and antioxidants… made only from natural ingredients. We hope you`ll enjoy!
Fruity Chia Filled Quinoa & Almond Muffins
Gluten-free quinoa & almond muffins filled with fresh pineapple & chia.
For the Muffins: For the Chia Filling:
For the Muffins:
For the Chia Filling:
Quite unusual, we`re going to start with the filling preparation. 🙂
- Blend the pineapple with the pineapple juice, until homogeneous.
- Add the chia seeds, stir well, and place in the fridge for at least three hours. ( best to leave it overnight)
- Wash the quinoa in cold water, to reduce the bitterness.
- In a small saucepan, mix the quinoa with the water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to the quinoa, and stir until it`s fully melted.
- In a blender, add the quinoa, followed by the almond milk, vanilla, baking powder, honey, and half 2/3 of the almonds (leave 12 almonds for decoration). Add the eggs last!
- Blend until you get a smooth homogeneous batter.
- Fill the muffin paper cups with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, at 200°C.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes after baking, then using a cork, stamp a hole in each muffin. (as shown in the photo below)
- Fill the muffins with the pineapple chia pudding.
- Garnish with raw almonds.
Some tips from us:
– It`s very important to use the same measuring cup for all the ingredients.
– Make sure you put the eggs for last, in the blender, so the mixture wouldn`t be hot.
– If you are not a pineapple fan, you can replace the pineapple with a fruit of your choice.
We hope you enjoyed. Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,