Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunity into blessings.
– William Arthur Ward
It`s the pumpkin season! And here is another exciting pumpkin spiced idea from us. The orzo salad is a perfect meal for Halloween and Thanksgiving, but not only! Check the tips below, to find out how to transform this dish into a vegetarian one. We hope you`ll enjoy!
Spiced Pumpkin Orzo Salad
Spiced pumpkin orzo salad with sun-dried tomatoes and pickled cherry peppers.
- 1 cup Orzo pasta
- 100 g Pumpkin
- 1 Zucchini
- 10 ml Sesame oil
- 5 Pickled cherry peppers
- 5 Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Parmesan***
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Green pesto
- 1 Garlic clove
- 50 ml Water
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Chop the pumpkin, zucchini, cherry peppers, and sun dried tomatoes into small cubes.
- In a large pan, simmer the garlic in the sesame oil.
- Add the pumpkin and zucchini cubes, followed by the water rosemary and salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the orzo pasta (previously cooked for 10 minutes in salty water), followed by the pumpkins, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry peppers, pesto, and parmesan.
- Mix well until homogeneous.
Some tips from me:
– This salad could be served as a starter, or main course, as well as an attractive bowl food option for your party.
– ***Parmesan cheese is NOT vegetarian, however, you can replace it with halloumi or tofu cubes.
– For best results, serve the salad chilled.
We hope you enjoyed! Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,
xxx Tasty Game Team