But I like it a little creamier, because happiness is about getting the creamy dessert after the main course.
– Ravi Shankar Jaipuriar
The festive season is almost here. And we all want to surprise our friends and family with something special. This Strawberry & Orange dessert is the perfect choice for any occasion. Could be presented in two different ways. Check the tips below, to find out how.
Jelly & Cream Orange Delight
Irresistible blend of strawberry & orange jelly, topped with Zesty Creme Mascarpone.
- 6 Oranges
- 200 ml Water
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Cold water
- 11 g Gelatine
- 12 Strawberries
- 200 g Mascarpone cheese
- 200 g Cream
- 5 ml Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Grated orange zest
- Cut the top of the oranges, and carefully carve them.
- Extract the juice from the orange bits.
- Grate the zest of the orange tops.
- Prepare the jelly.
- Soak the gelatine in 1/4 cup of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat 200 ml water.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar dissolve.
- Add the gelatine to the sugar syrup, and stir gently until it dissolves.
- Add the fresh orange juice.
- Beat the cream with the powdered sugar.
- Add the Mascarpone and mix gently.
- Add 50 ml of the orange jelly mix, followed by the vanilla and the orange zest.
- Place in the fridge until the jelly is done.
Some tips from us:
– For best result, leave the oranges in the fridge overnight, and consume the next day.
– Let me share a trick ;). If you don`t feel like carving, you can save time and effort, and build your desserts in regular bowls. In this case, you would need only 1 orange (for the orange zest), and 300 ml of orange juice. Follow the same steps, and garnish as desired. As in the photos below:
We hope you enjoyed! Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,