As the most important meal of the day, breakfast shouldn`t be skipped. But why not make it healthier and less boring? Try our Oatmeal Breakfast Burgers. They are made of cheesy oat pancakes, with a spicy touch of smoked chipotle. High in protein and fibres, and low in fat and carbohydrates. What else is needed?! We hope you`ll enjoy it!
Oatmeal Chicken & Bacon Breakfast Burger
Chicken & Bacon breakfast burger, made of cheesy oat pancakes.
– 3 Eggs
– 150 g Oats
– 100 g Feta cheese
– 100 g grated Emmental (divided)
– 250 g Yogurt
– 1/4 tsp Baking powder
– 4 Bacon Rashers
– 2 slices Cooked chicken ham
– 1/2 Avocado
– Smoked chipotle mayonnaise
– Black pepper
1. Mix the yogurt and the soda and leave aside for a few minutes.
2. Beat the eggs.
3. Add the yogurt, followed by the feta and the Emmental, and mix well.
4. Add the oats and mix again until homogeneous. Leave aside for 5 minutes, to let the oats soften.
5. Bake at medium heat, approximately 1 minute each side.
6. Pan roast the bacon and chicken ham.
7. Start building the burgers.
– Place a pancake at the bottom.
– Place one bacon rasher followed by a slice of chicken.
– Add another pancake.
– Place another bacon rasher.
– Add a spoon of smoke chipotle mayonnaise, followed by an avocado slice.
– Close the burger with the last pancake.
– Top up with grated Emmental.
Some tips from us:
– You can add more stuff to your burgers. For example tomatoes, lettuce, cheese slices, etc.
– Optionally garnish with a bowl of fresh salad.
We hope you enjoyed it! Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,