When we think of a new recipe, we always ask ourselves: “Is it healthy?”. No, not “diet” – “healthy”!
The benefits of quinoa are not one or two. It`s not an accident so often to be called “Superfood”. Quinoa is very high in protein, fibres, minerals, and antioxidants. It`s simply amazing how nutritious this plant is! So if you can`t resist treating yourself with something sweet, why not to do it a healthier way? 🙂 Here is the recipe of our fluffy peanut butter quinoa cupcakes. we hope you`ll enjoy!
Quinoa Cupcakes with Peanut Butter & Cream Cheese Frosting
Gluten-free quinoa cupcakes with peanut butter & cream cheese frosting.
- 1 cup Golden quinoa
- 200 ml Almond milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Gluten free flour
- 5 g Baking powder
- 5 ml Vanilla essence
- 200 g Cream cheese (I`ve used Philadelphia)
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter
- 3 tbsp Powdered sugar
For the cupcakes:
For the frosting:
- Rinse the quinoa, then soak in the almond milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend the quinoa and almond milk in a blender until it gets smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar.
- Add the softened peanut butter, followed by the baking powder, vanilla, and gluten-free flour.
- In the end, add the quinoa paste, and mix until homogeneous.
- Bake for 20 minutes, at 180°C.
- Make the frosting, by mixing the cream cheese, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, and the powdered sugar.
- Decorate your cupcakes, and garnish as desired.
Some tips from us:
– You can enjoy even without frosting. The muffins are fluffy and delicious by themselves too!
– You could serve with a pot of warm custard or a scoop of ice cream. Why don`t you try with our healthy Oatmeal Buttermilk Ice Cream?
Very best wishes,