After the exciting recipe of the Bird Nests, let us introduce the party option. The Quail`s Nests are healthy, made out of poultry meat, and look amazing on the table. We hope you`ll enjoy!
Quail`s nests. Delicious party canapes, made out of poultry meat, with boiled quail`s eggs.
- 500 g Poultry mince (I`ve used Turkey mince)
- 10 Quail`s eggs
- 1 Egg
- 2 Spring onions
- 1 Carrot
- 10 Pitted green olives
- 20 g Brie cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Boil the quail`s eggs and the carrot for 4 minutes.
- Put the boiled eggs in cold water for about 5 minutes, then carefully peel them.
- Chop the spring onions and the parsley.
- In a medium bowl, add the mince, followed by the egg, spring onions, parsley, salt, pepper, and paprika, and mix until homogeneous.
- Slice the boiled carrot and the Brie into 10 even pieces.
- Divide the mince into 10 even parts, and shape a ball out of each.
- In the middle of each ball, place an olive, slice of carrot, Brie, and finish with a quail`s egg. (as shown in the video below)
- Shape nests, by carefully embedding the quail`s eggs into the mince, while leaving the tops exposed.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200°C.
Some tips from us:
– Place a bit of kitchen foil over the exposed egg whites, to keep them nice and soft.
– Optionally, you can place half of the quail`s egg in each nest, instead of one (same as in the Bird Nests recipe). This will make the nest a bit meatier. In this case, you would need only 5 quail`s eggs.
We hope you enjoyed! Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Very best wishes,