These puff pastry rolls don`t last for long at home. They are really addictive! Very simple to make and so tasty… We hope you`ll enjoy.
Walnut and Apple Puff Rolls
Walnut and apple puff pastry rolls.
- 1 Puff pastry sheet
- 2 Large apples (or 3 small)
- 100 g Ground walnuts
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 6 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 60 g Butter (melted)
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Peel the apples and finely chop them in a food processor. If you don`t have one, you can simply grate them.
- Beat one egg with the sugar.
- Add the melted butter (make sure it`s not hot).
- Add the apples, walnuts, and cinnamon, and mix until homogeneous.
- Open the puff pastry sheet and spread the apple mix on it.
- Slowly roll on.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes to chill.
- In 15 minutes, take the roll out of the freezer, and cut into slices, approximately 1½ cm thick.
- Brush the tops with an egg yolk.
- Bake for 20 minutes, at 200°C.
Some tips from us:
– You can skip step 7, and slice the roll immediately. Doing that, you will save 15 minutes. You will sacrifice the shape, but you will get the same delightful taste.
– Optionally, you could sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
– You could use any kind of apples.
We hope you enjoyed!