I love the smell of cinnamon across my house!
Cini Minis Mulled Apple Balls
Mulled apple energy balls. Healthy and delightful breakfast.
- 4 Small Granny Smith apples (or 3 large)
- 2½ cups Cini Minis – divided (I love Cini Minis, but you can use another wholemeal cereal, and add extra cinnamon)
- 50 ml Red wine
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 10 g Coconut oil (I use spray)
- 50 ml Pure honey
– Wash the apples and remove the seeds from them.
– Chop the apples into small pieces, using a food processor.
– Grind the Cini Minis, then leave a half cup on the side.
– In a preheated non-stick pan, add the apples, coconut oil, cinnamon, and honey.
– Stir, and cook until the apples get soft.
– Add the wine and cook on low heat until there is no more liquid left, and the apples get nicely caramelized.
– In a large mixing bowl, add 2 cups of the ground Cini Minis and the caramelized apple mix.
– Stir well and leave to chill for about 5 minutes.
– Shape 12 walnut sized balls.
– Each ball roll in ground Cini Minis.
– Bake for 15 minutes at 200°C.
– Leave to rest before serving.
– Serve with Greek-style yogurt, fresh fruits, and honey.
Some tips from us:
– You could use the apple balls as a nice healthy dessert on your party, as well as a delightful breakfast alternative.
– We love them with Greek-style yogurt and fruits, however, you can improvise with the garnish. Could also use warm custard instead for example.
– Optionally, you could add some chopped nuts or seeds in the apple mix.
We hope you enjoyed! Coming back soon, with more delicious treats.