Cooking is an observation-based process that you can’t do if you’re so completely focused on a recipe.”
– Alton Brown
This is a recipe based on our Simple Spinach Risotto. We have used the Spinach Risotto to create a few delicious recipes. This is one of them. We hope you`ll like it!
*Look down at the tips, to find out how to transform this recipe into a vegetarian or vegan one.
Chicken and Risotto Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers with spinach risotto and Italian spiced chicken.
- 1 dose Simple Spinach Risotto. Please check the link for the whole risotto recipe.
- 8 Peppers (mixed colors)
- 40 g Grated Mozzarella
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (includes oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, sage, parsley, onions). I love this pre-mixed Italian seasoning! It`s so aromatic. But if you don`t have it at home, you can simply use just a few of those spices, or another spice of your choice.
- Yogurt/Sour cream for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the risotto following the instructions in the link.
2. Blanch the peppers.
– Cut the tops off and remove the seeds from the peppers.
– Dip the peppers into a boiling water pot for three to five mins.
– Pick them up and place them into icy water for one minute, or until they cool down.
– Your peppers are ready for stuffing.
3. Season the chicken.
4. Gently pan-roast the chicken, then dice it into small cubes.
5. Stuff the peppers.
– Fill 2/3 of the peppers with risotto.
– Add a layer of chicken cubes.
– Add an extra spoon of risotto on each pepper.
– Top up with grated Mozzarella.
6. Preheat the oven at 200°C.
7. Roast the peppers for approximately 30 minutes. (depends on peppers’ size)
8. Place the lid on in the last 10 minutes.
9. Garnish with some yogurt/sour cream, or enjoy as it is.
Some tips from us:
– This recipe is definitely NOT vegan. However, you could easily transform it into a vegetarian (when replacing the chicken with some extra risotto), or vegan (when excluding the chicken and the Mozzarella, and simply serve with a dairy-free vegan yogurt).
– Don`t throw away the peppers’ tops! Add them in the risotto (in step 2 and 3).
– This recipe is for 8 peppers (4 servings). However, if you wish to reduce the quantity into 4 (2 servings), as we did, simply use half of the products, as well as half of the Simple Spinach Risotto products, and follow the same directions.
You might also like our Risotto Party Trifles.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe and we would love to hear your opinion in the comments below.