It`s one of those days, when you just wanna grab a cup of tea and chill with your favourite book or movie. Well, you still need to eat something don`t you?!
I am not a fan of “Take away” and processed food. Try to eat as healthy as possible, and yes, I love cooking! I love my “Me time” as well though. In days like this, I always think of something very quick and easy to prepare. That`s how this delicious recipe came out. It took me just 5 minutes of preparation, et voilà! I didn`t spend my day in the kitchen and still had a lovely healthy meal for dinner! Let`s go to the recipe now. 🙂
Tender chicken legs in casserole
Slow cooked whole chicken legs. Easy to prepare, healthy, tender and delicious.
- 2 Chicken legs (skinless)
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 4 Broccoli florets
- Parsley (dry or fresh)
- 2 Vegetable stock cubes
- 100ml Water
- Wash all the vegetables and cut them in large pieces.
- In a small casserole, place the chicken legs, followed by the vegetables, as shown in the video below.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the stock cubes in 100-150 ml of hot water. The amount of water depends on how large the legs are. My ones were small, so 100 ml was enough.
- Pour the stock over the chicken and vegetables.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Put the lid on, and cook for 2-2,5 hours. The cooking time depends on how large the legs are. In my case, two hours were more than enough.
- Take the lid off in the last half an hour, to get a nice and crispy finish.
- When the dish is ready, sprinkle with a bit of parsley, put the lid back, and leave to rest for 5 minutes before you serve.
Some tips from me:
– Do not add more salt, the vegetable stocks, dissolved in a small amount of water,will make your meal salty enough.
– You can serve with yogurt (I love it with low fat yogurt), brown rice, or just by itself.
These chicken legs are so tender and full of flavor, literally dissolve in your mouth! There is no added fat, which makes the meal healthy, full of protein and natural ingredients. It doesn`t cost much, so it`s great for any budget. Must be tried!
Your opinion matters, so I would love to hear from you in the comments below.
I hope you enjoyed!
Very best wishes,